We will break the year into four quarters. We felt we needed to provide a road map for our groups. Currently, we have groups at various levels of implementation and we feel that having the same meeting times will help with getting all staff on the same page. We also wanted to provide some expectation as to what should occur in these meeting times. The following are goals that we hope to achieve in the 2013-2014 school year.
Quarter 1: (Sept-Oct)
- Finalize “Powerstandards” and “I Can statements” for all subject areas.
- Provide “I Can statements” and “Powerstandards” to parents on October 28th and 30th at Parent Teacher Conferences. Finalize progress on these in Spring PT Conferences. Provide skill specific feedback.
Quarter 2: (Nov – Jan)
- Pick two current powerstandards and create an assessment over the course of Nov-Jan
- What does a student know and how are they progressing towards proficiency?
- What does Novice, Partially Proficient, Proficient and Mastery look like?
- Assess the student and plan to present evidence towards your proposed powerstandards.
- What issues did you run into.
- Plan ahead – show evidence on this at Feb 5th Early Out to staff
Quarter 3 (Repeat Assessment Process)
Quarter 4 (Scope Sequence)
- Continue work on Assessment.
- How will you complete all of these?
- PILOT: Begin uploading I Can statements and Powerstandards into Powerschool Visualizer
- Grading/Homework mindset shift